- Municipality of Athienou, Cyprus, Lead Partner (hyperlink www.athienou.eu)
Short Description: Municipality of Athienou is a municipality in Larnaca District, Cyprus. It is one of only four local authorities located within the United Nations Buffer Zone, the other three being Pyla, Troulloi and Deneia. Today, Athienou has a population of around 7,000 people and since 1990 has been home to Davidson College’s Athienou Archaeological Project. The town’s city hall includes a museum of local history and culture and was established in 2008. The Municipality of Athienou has taken part or has done various projects through European funds, as mentioned below:
- Volunteering Cities Transfer Network, a project within the URBACT programme, supported by ERDF and where, as the Lead Partner, the Municipality of Athienou is leading the network in transferring its Good Practice of volunteerism to 7 other European Cities.
- Project YOUROPE, of the Europe for Citizens Program, as a partner with 7 other European partners, with aim to combat Euroscepticism in the Youth.
- Project IN NEET, of the Europe for Citizens Program, as a partner with 7 other European partners, with aim to build channels and social spaces in order to reintegrate NEETs inside the society, especially those who are discouraged and long term unemployed.
- Program of Global Education implemented in Cyprus by the World Education Department of the non-governmental organization Future Words Center.
- Smolyan Municipality, Bulgaria, Partner (hyperlink to www.smolyan.bg )
Short Description: Municipality of Smolyan is located in South Bulgaria. The area is about 854 square kilometres – the largest municipality in the Region of Smolyan, consisting of 86 settlements – 1 city and 85 villages with population of 41542. The municipality of Smolyan is a local government body, which is responsible for provision of high quality of life for its citizens, including maintenance of streets, squares, parks and gardens, public lighting and transport, waste management. Smolyan Muncipality is an important commercial and tourist center and occupies a leading position in the economy of the area. The Municipality of Smolyan focuses on youth employment by hiring young people under Procedure “Training and employment for young people”, performed by Employment Agency in cooperation with “Employment Services” Directorate.
- Institute of Research & Training on European Affairs, Athens, Greece, Partner (hyperlink to www.irtea.gr)
Short Description: IRTEA, was created by youth workers and youth experts, and aims to become a powerful Think Tank in Greece and Southern Europe, bridging the gap between Youth, Policy Making, Society and the Labour Market. Utilizing its advisory status in the European Parliament, IRTEA aims to support young people, especially those belonging to vulnerable groups, by promoting innovative actions and policies on issues relating to European priorities. IRTEA promotes the structured and open dialogue between civil society stakeholders, while, through its projects and activities, strengthening, the active participation of young people, the idea of European citizenship and the concept of citizenship in general. IRTEA, through its projects and programmes, promotes the empowerment of young people and supports youth initiatives and youth participation while aiming to develop and improve their skills and abilities by equipping them with valuable tools for the modern labor market. At the same time, it contributes in to raising awareness among Greek and European citizens, especially young people, on EU policies and priorities, promotes structured dialogue and information on EU institutions, functions and legislative processes, supports youth entrepreneurship and innovation while promoting democratic values of respect, fundamental rights, equality and non-discrimination, participation in democracy , understanding cultural diversity and multilingualism.
- Cinisello Balsamo Municipality, Italy, Partner (hyperlink to www.comune.cinisello- balsamo.mi.it)
Short Description: Cinisello Balsamo is a public body, which is providing different kind of youth-work for and with young people of the municipality. Cinisello Balsamo Municipality with its Youth Policy Planning Department carries out, mainly with other subjects of the territory, projects which aim at supporting young people and their skills development. The intervention areas are youth policy, social cohesion & inclusion program (development of the community and involvement of foreign citizens), drugs' prevention, youth mobility, protagonist & active participation of youngers to social life. Beneficiaries of the activities are pre- adolescents, adolescents and young people from 11 to 30 years old. The projects of the Department include different activities: educational & socializing activities (Youth Center, training moments in high schools, prevention of marginalization risks); culture & expressivity (creativity workshops, events); promotion of active citizenship and volunteering (EVS, European mobility)
- Municipality of Santa Maria da Feira, Portugal, Partner (hyperlink to www.cm-feira.pt)
Short Description: The Municipality of Santa Maria da Feira it´s a local authority, and it has about 800 employees. The municipal responsibilities are: to promote and protect the personal interests of the respective populations. The municipalities have responsibilities in particular in the following areas: rural and urban equipment; energy; transport and communications; education; heritage, culture and science; sport and leisure times; health; social action; housing; civil protection; environment and sanitation; consumer protection; promoting development; spatial and urban planning; municipal police; external cooperation, among others. Youth Department that takes the part in this project has as main strategic objectives of the youth policy to programming and implementing the municipal policy in the youth field, organizing and supporting initiatives targeting young people, promoting youth participation, by fostering associative & volunteering, developing training programs and leisure activities for them.